Saturday, May 17, 2008

Gregory Ryder Hall

Gregory Ryder Hall
Born 5/14 @ 8:34pm
7 lb. 14 oz.
20 1/2 inches
Labor and delivery were fast and furious. Here is the short version. Contractions started around 6-6:30pm. We left for the hospital about an hour later arriving at 8:00 and he was born at 8:34. My doctor wasn't able to make it to the hospital on time, but the on-call doctor was wonderful!! I have actually met with him a couple of times because I had my ultrasounds done at his office. It was wonderful to have such a speedy labor, but it was hard going with NO pain meds AGAIN!! Ryder and I came home from the hospital on Friday and we are doing great!! The first picture below is right before we left for the hospital, second is Ryder soon after birth and then Hunter, me and Ryder the next morning. These aren't the best pictures...I'll try to post more soon. He is looking better already now that the bumps and bruises of delivery are going away:) Guess that wasn't such a short version after all:)






8 comments:

Steph said...

Congratulations!! What a cutie, look at that hair! I'm glad to hear that it went quick but I know from my experience with Andrew, no pain meds isn't a fun way to deliver. However, it was okay once it was all over. He looks great! Can't wait to see more pictures. Give him lots and lots of extra hugs and kisses from all of us here in St. George! Love you guys!

Nicole said...

Ah! Such a cute little family! He looks great!! And YOU look great considering no meds for the delivery!! =) Wish we could come out and see him in person! We miss you!

DIY REDS! said...

How exciting! I wanted to call you this past week, but I was scared to call if you had the baby and wake you up or something. That is kind of how my last labor went with no pain meds and fast. I am curious to see how this next one goes. I have an appt with wendy on tues. i hope that i can have my ultrasound soon after that. hope you are doing well. if you have doctor appts or anything, i can watch your boys.
amy

Heather said...

I'm so excited for you guys. We are looking forward to coming to see him. Hope all is well. Let me know if you need anything. Love you all.

Sheldon and Chelsea said...

Congrats! Sheldon and I are so excited for you and the family. He is adorable! We hope all is going well with Ryder, you, and the rest of the family. Congrats again!

-Chelsea and Sheldon

Amber Lawson said...

Congrats!! Can't wait to come see him. Wish you were here so I could take the boys for the afternoon. We will see ya soon. Hope you get some sleep in the mean time.

Love ya,
Jesse, Amber, & Brad

Anndee said...

Congratulations! I have a nephew named Ryder!!! You look fabulous of course. You GO!

Unknown said...

Amy Congratulations! You are a super hero when it comes to babies... I am looking forward to my first delivery in 5 weeks and I am getting a little nervous... You will be my inspiration! You look great babe. I'll check in with you again soon. Love, Deb