Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Long Week

Hello Everyone! It has been a long week around here. Ryan tore his achilles tendon playing basketball almost two weeks ago. He had surgery to have it repaired last Wednesday. Due to tax season he hasn't been able to take much time to relax and he is really feeling it!! He admits that he under-estimated how recovery would be. He jokes that taking care of him isn't much different than our 2 year old other than he is potty trained(Thank goodness)...haha. The doctor is not going to cast his foot and has told him to unwrap it every night and do a little stretching...should help improve and speed up recovery. Pretty funny, his doctor/surgeon was at the church playing ball with him that early morning that it happened. Everyone teases him about trying to take out the competition.

We also had our ultrasound last week and found out that we are having another boy. The boys couldn't be more thrilled to be having another brother. Hunter is the only one with any concerns. He just feels sad that the girl team will always lose since there is only one girl and will be five boys. We were also shocked to find out that I am further along than expected. The baby was measuring 27 weeks instead of 20 weeks. I saw the doctor today and the due date has officially been moved from July 1 to May17. Due to the fact that I got pregnant while receiving the depot shot, I really had no idea how far along I was and didn't even know that I was pregnant until Christmas. Anyway...this post is getting really long, but one more thing...I found out today that the baby has a small fold in his bladder, which can cause swelling and possibly damage to the kidneys. The doctor said that a lot of the time it fixes itself before birth or shortly after. I will have another ultrasound in April to check on the bladder and kidneys. He said that so far there isn't a problem, but just wants to be cautious. Depending on how it looks in April they may have to induce me the first part of May. I'll keep you all posted when I have the next ultrasound. Other than that...everything looks perfect.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

How exciting!! Any luck on another baby boy name yet?? =)

Tracey said...

Holy cow! I wish someone would movce my due date up 2 months!

Steph said...

haha! sorry I was reading Tracey's comment. :) I guess it doesn't give you too long to have to think about everything. I hope everything is fine with his bladder and he wont have any kidney problems. That is SO sweet that Hunter is worried about the girls team always losing. :) What a cutie! You ARE very outnumbered!! I hope that Ryan's recovery will go smoothly and not be too painful. Wish him well for us. We'll keep all of you in our prayers!

Unknown said...

Another boy! That is crazy... Hopefully everyone is doing well and I'll be thinking about you.

Anndee said...

BOY oh BOY! I'm glad I checked your blog. Congratulations!!! I like the 'boy team' thing. Sounds like something Adam would say :)

Melissa Monday said...

It's fun to read your blog, Amy. Stephanie had a link to your page, and I thought it was you, but wasn't sure until I saw your oldest son. He looks so much like you! That's exciting about having another boy. I have three boys myself. Diane is having her fourth boy next month. That's exciting. Anyway, congratulations!

Melissa (formerly Humphries)