Monday, November 17, 2008

From blanket to 'bo'

When I saw Hunter bringing his 'bo' to our most recent 'photo shoot'(see previous post), I just thought I had to share this:)

**Please note that if you are a friend of Hunter's or a parent of any of his friends, please DO NOT mention that you know about his 'bo'. He is very sensitive and gets embarrassed if anyone besides family knows about it or sees it:)

All of my boys have always had a FAVORITE blanket! Actually, I'm not sure about Ryder yet. Hunter's blanket or 'bo' as he still calls it(you couldn't really call it a blanket anymore anyway) has probably been the most loved!

I don't know when the blanket became known as 'bo'. As far as I can remember that is what it has been known as. It started as 'bo'(his entire blanket). Then it became his big 'b0' and his rope 'bo' when the edging started coming off. He liked to chew on his 'bo' and so it got some nice holes in it and started falling apart. So, we had a big 'bo'(large piece) and lots of small pieces. We had long and short rope 'bo's'. We now have lots of little pieces of his 'bo', one kinda big piece of the 'bo' and his favorite piece of his 'bo'...the '5 knot bo'.

He loves to thread his 'bo' between his fingers of put one end in his ear. He carries it around without even knowing it sometimes. One day we got to the store and he quickly handed it to me to put in my purse before anyone saw it. I have also been known to quickly shove it in my pocket for him when someone knocks on the door or rings the door bell.

We have literally spent hours hunting for his favorite piece of 'bo'. There are many nights that I tell him to go to bed and if I find his 'bo' I'll bring it to him. He rarely lets me forget about looking for it. I hear a small voice coming from the bedroom saying, "Mom, have you found it yet."

When we lived in Gilbert, his Grandpa used to tease him and take it and play keep away with it. After the first couple of times of that, whenever we would go to Grandma and Grandpa's house, Hunter would remember to leave his 'bo' in the truck.

Here are a couple pictures of Hunter and the 'bo'.

November 2008

October 2004

Okay, now seriously...ssshhhhhhhh!!! Don't tell Hunter about this post:)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh, I love Hunter and his Bo. I can't believe it's still around. He's such a cutie and I think it's funny that he gets so embarassed about it.